1. Temperature while Race duration will vary from -10°C to 30°C.
2. During the day time it will be pleasant, varying from 10°C to 30°C and barely manageable temperatures as low as -10°C in the night.
3. There are chances of snowfall at the passes during the race duration.
4. Wind blows at very high intensity in Morey Plains and at all the passes. It will carry the winter chill and one will feel the bite when in shade for long.
The nearest airport is at Bhuntar, located approximately 50km away from Manali. Domestic flights connect Bhuntar with Delhi and Chandigarh. Once at the airport, you can take a pre-paid taxi to Manali. However, owing to weather conditions, flights are not the most reliable option for getting to or out of Manali.
Manali is very well-connected to important tourist destinations like Leh, Shimla, Kullu, Dharamshala and New Delhi by means of a network of state-run as well as private buses. The bus journey from Delhi to Manali is 550km, and it is advisable to book your tickets in the air-conditioned Volvo coaches, as the buses are more comfortable than ordinary ones, keeping in mind the long distance of the journey.
The drive up to Manali is simply breathtaking! You can catch scenic glimpses of the adjoining mountains and valleys from almost every turn that the twisty uphill road throws you in. Though a lot of tourists prefer a self-drive up to Manali, it is advisable to hire a taxi in case you are not comfortable with driving in mountainous regions.
The Leh airport is a military airport and only operates domestic flights. It is connected with major cities in the country. Security checks are a little more stringent than usual, please carry a printout of your e-ticket before entering, failing which you might be denied entry. They also don’t permit hand baggage on the flight, though the check-in baggage weight will be inclusive of both. All the domestic flights here operates between 6:00AM -11:30AM, no flight leaves or arrives in Leh after it.
By Bus or Taxi:
If you’re planning to leave Leh in a bus, get ready for an adventurous bumpy ride. It is connected by a state run local bus service which will take at least 4 days to reach New Delhi. No Volvo bus service is available on this route. Private bus or taxi can be hired till Srinagar, Jammu or Manali. The onward journey from the specified destinations can be made by flight, train, bus or taxi.
1. Leh has an excellent selection of sightseeing options that include centuries-old monasteries, serene stupas, precariously-perched palaces, museums and places to which some really adventurous and picturesque long-drives are possible.
2. Hire a cab and hit the silky-smooth BRO roads for daylong sightseeing tours to places such as the
3. Laugh your heart out reading funny BRO (Border Roads Organisation) signage like “Love Thy Neighbor, But Not While Driving” and “Donate Blood in Hospitals, Not on the Road”.
4. You can also plan out group excursions to Nubra Valley (via Khardung La Top) for a camping night-out, or to visit the multi-coloured Pangong Lake via Chang La. These two are unquestionably the most amazing mountain excursions one can ever take.
5. Trekking expeditions to Stok Kangri peak or Markha valley.
6. Enjoy shopping in local markets full of Tibetan curios, and all of them are open to some hard bargaining. Leh’s Tibetan refugee market is full of Buddha heads, kitschy jewelry, prayer wheels and flags, T-shirts and many other touristy must-buys.
02. Where does the race start and where does the race finish?
03. Is there a fee waiver?
04. What is the entry fee?
05. Who is the race open to?
06. What is the distance of the race?
07. Is there a cap on the number of runners who will participate?
08. When will my registration be confirmed?
09. What does my entry fee include?
10. What kinds of surfaces will I be running on?
11. What are the liabilities?
12. Will I need insurance?
13. What are the medical benefits you are providing during the race?
14. Will you provide us with a route map for the race for each day?
15. What is the typical race day food menu?
16. Is there any prize for the winners?
17. How will my luggage be handled?
18. Where do I sleep every day?
19. What is the arrangement for electrical ports?
20. Will hot water be available every day?
21. Can I bring friends and family as supporters? Is there an additional cost?
22. Can I experience the race as a volunteer?
23. Can I rent a dedicated support vehicle for these tough terrains?
24. Will there be a medical vehicle during the race?
25. I need more information, and have a special request. Who can I write to?